Saturday, May 18, 2013

Character Development

Well, the past few days have been rather busy, given graduations and traveling and whatnot.  Back in the writing groove, however,  I want to be a few chapters ahead of where I am now, but, at the same time, I'm putting in quality time.  And quality time is better than quantity time.

Currently, the biggest things I'm working on is appropriate character development.  I have a character who needs to be more annoying who isn't at the moment, and a character who is coming across as flat who shouldn't.  She needs to be more annoying given the amount of talk about her that she's annoying.  He needs to just have some sort of depth.

Part of this is coming from the fact that I know she's annoying and I know he's got depth, but that's mostly because I've written two more books after this one and I know where they end up.  But they need to show some of that development now--not all, they have to have some growing to do--but some.

Fun times, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment