Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Impressive Word Count

You can tell I'm not doing much besides sitting at my computer.  This is the third blog all night! But, I'm sworn-off Tumblr until tomorrow to increase productivity, and this is more productive than that.

I haven't said it officially, but I've implied it.  

I finished this draft!

I've got quite the word count: 100,153.

Granted, it's 30K less than the draft before it because I've split it.  I split it slightly more than halfway through, but with all the things I was adding for development, my word count jumped a ton.  I'm expecting to do a lot more expanding in the second half to make it a comparable length to this half.

The word count is not set in stone, it will mesh and meld around 100K as my first-readers get back to me with their feedback.  I've sent it out to 7 people.  (Well, 5 in addition to the 2 that were already reading it.)  Anyway... yeah...

I remember talking to one of my first-readers last week or so and he asked me how long it was.  I gave him the word count and he looked at me, very impressed that I could write so much.  Particularly in so little time.  Basically 100K words in 2 months.  Though, 80K of that was in November and 20K of that was in December.  

TECHNICALLY, the last 300 words were written in January, but it was on the 1st, so I can still kinda lump it into the two-month timeframe.

To me, it was hardly anything... this is what I do... this is what I'm getting my degree for... even though you don't need a Creative Writing degree to be a writer.  You don't need one to get published.  I just... don't know what I'd do with my life if I wasn't writing.

And... aside from that, I've forgotten the original reason why I started posting.  So, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment