Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Writing New Material

What!? Two posts in one day!? Unheard of!

Well, I have time, so I'm posting stuff.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I did decide to split it. (Oh, I mentioned it... well, shows how good of a memory I have about these things...) Well, whatever.  Because of the split, the last several thousand words were entirely new material.  Well, mostly anyway.

A good portion of it was literally just me recreating the story as I went along.  Parts of it were rather fun, actually.  It was like "this is what the story would have done if I had written it like this the first time."  Sure, if I had gone with the plan of not splitting it, not every one of these additions would have made it in.  

But my protagonist had business she really needed to take care of, and it really was quite logical that she take care of them now, as opposed to when she halfheartedly got around to them in the previous drafts.  

Granted, some of the new writing was scary.  I believe I mentioned a few posts ago that I was writing slow in an effort to make every word count.  Boy, was I doing that! However, I am generally pleased with this outcome.  Is it quite the ending I had planned? I'm not sure.  Is it a functional ending.  Yes.  

So... yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment