Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nano Challenge Days 12-15

Quite obviously, I've been needing to do one of these for days.  However, there hasn't been really much to write about.  Most of this has just been writing, writing writing.  There is some level of "is this really necessary to the overall plot?" or "someone's character development" or "foreshadowing for a later book"

Then, there's the balancing, "well this isn't really necessary, but it's funny, so maybe it should stay for at least this next draft, I can always take it out later...." Which is true, there will undoubtedly be at least ONE more draft after this.  I'm not going to take things out purely because they're potentially taking up too much space.  All of the characters would be flat if I did that all the time.

Besides, this is either going to go one of two ways once I've got the projected 150K words done: take out what I can to get it to a publishable length, or split it into two or three parts. (Which, would turn my saga from 5 books to 10 or 15 books... but... Robert Jordan.)  

I broke 39K.  Which is like... twice what I'm supposed to have where I am? No.  It's the 15th, I should have a minimum of 25K.  But I'm still 10K words ahead. 

Unfortunately, I won't get to write as much this weekend because I'll be too busy writing for school and work.  (It's amazing how 1K words is such a pain in the butt when I'm not making it up out of my head.  Writing fiction is like breathing to me, writing anecdotes and academically THINKING is like pulling teeth sometimes.  Don't get me wrong, I've written scenes with characters that it's like pulling teeth too... but... still!)

Anyway, everything else I want to say will make sense to like, five people because they're the only ones who know half as much about my characters as I do.... soo.... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment