Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nano Challenge Days 16-18

There has been a lot of writing, just not for my book, sadly.  It's getting down to the end of the semester and all of my final papers are coming due.  So... yeah...

However, because I KNOW I should have one of these posted SOMEWHERE, here's a synopsis for my book: 

It's about magik.  The protagonist, Kat, is sent to a magikal school (note, magik is commonplace) after being home-schooled her whole life.  In addition to learning new magik, she also learns that there is a family history that her parents were keeping from her.  Then, it's all up to her to decide what she's going to both do with that information, as well as a prophecy that she might just be the one to fulfill.  

I totally ripped that from my fanfic blog where I spewed that out of pretty much nowhere for one of my reviewers.  Yup.  Totally just happened.

Anywho, rewrites are going well (when I'm at them).  As natural, the Ball sequence took forever.  (They always have in the past.)  Now that that's over with, things should move along fairly quickly (until the next Ball, at least.)  I've acquired a couple of more people willing to read this for feedback, which is awesome! (One was rather unexpected, so that's really nice.)  

I'm really close to 50K.  If I'm really awesome, I'll hit 60K by the end of November!

This is exciting!

3 comments: